Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My thoughts on an article from "WhoWhatWear"

Thank you to WHOWHATWEAR for posting this simple and concise slide show of the 7 Key Pieces

http://www.whowhatwear.com/essentials-new-year-key-pieces-investment-2014

Check this out for a complete wardrobe makeover with only 7 ideas.

My thoughts:

1. Love a navy blazer. Mine is from H&M and was fairly reasonable in price (50.00 range). It's such a versatile piece that can be worn in the office or on the street. Some of my favorite looks are navy blazer with a great dress or with a cute blouse and skirt for work. Pair it with a great button down blouse and dark wash jeans and heels for cocktail hour. Or pair it with boots or flats, jeans and a great tartan flannel and scarf for the ultimate casual look.

2. Jeans: a staple in any closet. Male or female. Dark wash is classic and transitions well from day to night. However light denim has been showing it's face around the scene a lot more lately. And I'm loving it! Chunky knit, layered with a white collared button down, statement necklace, light denim and heels. SMASH HIT! Roll your jeans at the ankle for a casual and cute effect with heels, flats or sandals!!

3. Lips On: Once a teacher of mine (JJ) swore by this one little item. Putting your lips on can complete a look. I find it best with simple eyes for a less dramatic effect. A simple, fresh, daytime look with a splash of color. And be sure to ask at the counter to get the perfect orange hue for your skin tone!

4. Bags: I'm a bag fanatic! And I am really loving a soundly structured bag. Shoulder bag or hand bag doesn't matter much. But finding a classy and fun print is going to be very exciting this season. Be sure not to underestimate stores like Aldo, H&M and Forever 21. Depending on your needs these stores can provide you with a decent bag for girls on a budget.

5. The Mule: I'm not necessarily a fan, and you can definitely count me out of this trend. I will not be owning a pair. However, I stand by my motto "you can rock anything with the right pairings to make an outfit". So for those of you who are in to this trend. You can try them with all sorts of styles. Go casual with a boot cut jean and a blouse for a lunch date. Pair them with a pencil skirt and ruffled button down. Many options for those of you loving the mule!

6. Earring Jacket: had to google this one myself. So for those of you who are thinking "earring jacket?" don't be embarrassed. So essentially this is for the Stud earring lovers of the world, like myself. Take a perfectly simple pair of studs and add a jacket. What this does is fancies up a basic earring. See the link below for some really pretty jackets. I'm a fan of the stud. The thing is, they can often be too casual for a fancy party, big event, or even a night out. When you want a little bling in your (ear)ring you can add an earring jacket! Kind of a neat idea, I think.

www.earring-jackets.com

7. Underpinnings: I for one have become extremely keen on the idea of a matching panties and bra set. In my younger days I was all about being a hot mess under my clothes. Animal print on top, stripes or dots on the bottom half. But as I age and getting more in touch with me I'm really digging the matching sets. It's sexy. It's sophisticated. It's put together. And I feel that it adds a touch of confidence when you're being undressed ;)

Just a little food for thought. Loving this article. Keeping a wardrobe makeover really simple.
Adding a few pieces can make you feel refreshed without breaking the bank. And keeping an eye out for the perfect items this Spring will be very exciting I'd say!!

xo

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment