Monday, May 12, 2014

Polished Nails

Hi Dolls

Now of course this blog is full of my personal opinions. And take everything I say with a grain of salt. What your opinion is on the things I bother to blog about, may not coincide with mine. And clearly, that's okay! My opinion doesn't really matter. I just have one, on pretty much everything. So I like to share it. Whether or not you agree is generally not my concern. But I would like to know your opinion on this topic in particular.

I'd like to discuss painted nails.

I love to paint my nails. It's a great expression of your personality and it's a great fun way to brighten up your outfit, day, week, life, you name it!

I'm also relatively fine with a nicely manicured hand that is naked or sans polish.

Anything in between is unacceptable...maybe you're thinking what could possibly fall between polished and unpolished nails? Well let me tell you.

One of my biggest pet peeves is a chipped nail. Girl, if you're going to paint your nails keep them maintained. Keep that polish color in your bag at all times. If you get a chip. Touch it up. From a distance a repainted chip looks much better than an exposed polish chip. If you think that gets overlooked, you're dead wrong!

Also wearing your polish until it's completely chipped off. That one last dot in the center of your nail that just won't come off no matter how much you pick at it. Let me tell you that Walmart sells nail polish remover for a dollar, and you must have access to a public bathroom that has toilet paper to remove it. Why under any circumstances would you allow your nails to get this way???

If you can't bother to upkeep your nails, don't paint them at all.


Most recently, and almost more atrocious is the "I only had time to paint a few" nail polish look.
Why are 6 of your 10 finger nails painted. You have 10...in most cases. PAINT 10. This isn't exactly optional. If you're going to do it, commit and go all the way. I understand testing a polish. Do you want Frost Bite or Refresh-mint?? It's a tough call. I get that. I've been there myself.

But for the love of God. COMMIT!!! Pick one, remove the other, and paint all 10!!
For your convenience you can use the second color as an accent nail, if you are really that lazy. There are trends that can help you folks. But leaving a few naked and a few painted on each hand will never be a trend.

And I understand sometimes it's really hard to color inside the lines. But when a 5 year old is having trouble they ask for help. As should you. Go get them done if you can't avoid painting your proximal fold, cuticle, finger tip, and knuckle too.

Ladies, it's clear I'm passionate about this. But a well manicured hand is important. Think of all the work your hands do.

They shake hands at a business meeting. What would your prospective donor think of your chipped red nails?

They sign checks being deposited at the bank. What does the hot teller think of your almost perfect manicure?? HOT MESS is what he's thinking. And you're no longer wife material. So now you're a crazy spinster, because of the one time you didn't touch up your chip.

If you're anything like me, they move in front of people's face as you're talking. No I'm not Italian, but I talk with my hands A LOT. And if my nails were chipped it would be very embarrassing each time someone stops me mid-convo to say I love your polish color.

It's unnecessary negative attention. Nobody needs that.
Moral: Paint all 10 digits and it's important to take care of them and keep them looking nice!

XO

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment