Friday, September 6, 2013

Fashion Friday-- it's been a long short week

I'm definitely still on a high from Chicago. That's where I spent my Labour Day weekend...four fantastic days of city exploring with Bee. Bought lots of new stuff, some I wore this week. This week marked the start of my "get back to health" routine. And in addition to Chicago high and feeling better from eating cleaner and the anticipation of my darling Cara's wedding tomorrow I'm just feeling really good!
 
It's funny how the shorter the week the longer it seems. I feel like I've been back in the office for a full week but enjoying it. Some of my favorite people have been away for the last month or so and I'm so glad to have all those people back at the office. Although I'm sure they don't share the same excitement after have 3 or 4 weeks off work it must be hard to get back in to it. But nonetheless I'm glad to see them back.
 
Let's start with Tuesday:
First day back and feeling good. Since it's now September I feel the need to slowly incorporate Fall items in to my wardrobe. So I chose flats. LOL they don't scream Fall seeing as they can be worn all year long. However they were my choice for a less summery feel. Little navy blue skater dress, green blazer and mustard flats. Had a fabulous lunch today with Miss Mia Bettio. We met on University Avenue in the middle of the street they have medians with fountains, benches and statues and it was a great spot; Halfway between our offices and a nice way to spend lunch! Unfortunately my brand new shoes from DSW in Chicago gave me blisters today. They'll need to be worked in I guess.
 

Wednesday:
 
While on my trip in Chicago one of my shopping needs was a new bag or two. My most recent bag purchase from Piperlime was an amazing deal but it's coral and the color just screams summer. I needed something large enough to carry my gym gear, lunch, and personal belongings too. I found a gorgeous Olivia + Joy black bag with gold zipper details at TJ Maxx and scooped it right away. It's the perfect size tote. The straps are also long enough that I can carry it over my shoulder vs over my forearm (sometimes that gets tiring). My dress today was from Macy's ( Bar III) in a geometric print in chartreuse, lavender and black. 3/4 sleeve, tie belt and button down with a collar. Had to wear my Nine West sandals today because of how raw my heels are from yesterdays shoes. As I mentioned my blisters were pretty bad.
 

Thursday:
 
 
Today dipped down to 10 degrees overnight so the morning was cool and the high today was 17 degrees. So needless to say it's chilly and I'm feeling like I'd rather be warm today. I purchased a new embellished grey sweatshirt from Old Navy while in Chicago (exact sweater shown above) so I layered it up with a chambray shirt, cropped dress pants and a basic leather flip flop. I was toasty all day :). Went for a mani/pedi after work yesterday (Tuesday) and had to soak my blistered feet. #OUCH #OUCH #OUCH...I highly recommend you DO NOT do that.
 

Friday:
 
 
 
 
YAY for Friday!! Here we are and I'm just getting so excited for tomorrow. I get to see some of my very favorite people (Amy, Kerri and Nick too!) while celebrating Cara's big day. I just can't wait to hang out and celebrate! So I hope today flies by. It's amazing how just 4 days of healthy routines can make you feel a million times better. My jeans feel good today! I've been avoiding jeans on Jeans Friday because leggings feel better. And dresses have been my go to all summer long because, in my opinion, they are the most comfortable article of clothing ever invented....next to sweat pants. Gold accessories today with a simple black blazer, tank, wedges and skinny jeans.
 

Hope you all have a FANTASTIC and fashionable weekend!
 
xo
L.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment