Friday, August 23, 2013

My Week

Hello My Loveys

Are you ready for what's in store? Here's this weeks outfit summary.

Monday August 19, 2013 to Friday August 23, 2013.

I'm wondering how this week has been for you? I'm thinking, longest week ever!
Over the Summer I have been lucky enough to work short weeks almost every week.

Working from home is a great opportunity that my company gives me, as well as taking much needed vacation days. So between the two I've been working 3 or 4 day weeks until last week, which was my first 5 day week in a while. It's really easy to get in to the groove of being away from the office, and extremely difficult to resume 5 working days. I know, I know...#firstworldproblems. Welcome to my life...

Resuming regular work on Monday with a dinner date with the one and only Sarah to look forward to I was feeling casual and girly wearing an oatmeal colored cardigan with tan patchwork elbows and a pleated skirt dress from AE with my very favorite style sandals...t-strap tan, woven back Steve Maddens.



Tuesday I had planned to get to the gym on lunch and decided to keep my outfit simple. Less is more when you're trying to fit in 30 minutes of cardio, a shower, quick makeup and the commute to the gym in one hour. I made it back in 1hr 15min and I'd like to say that my minimalist idea was brilliant. Hair up, just some eyebrows and blush and back to work. After a workout/shower I had a nice natural glow to my skin and didn't feel the need to get a full face back on. Dresses are the easiest when you're feeling like wearing something simple. One item...no matching, no tucking. So my choice for Tuesday was an ivory dress with lace detailing at the neck, green blazer (worn open) and tan flats. Keeping it simple and cute can totally be done. 


Wednesday (Hump Day) has been a long time coming for me this week. FINALLY it got here. In preparation for "Anything Goes" this weekend at the Princess of Wales theater I went for a nautical feel today. Red, White and Blue is also very patriotic for me too. So it's definitely a color combination I like for many reasons. Another being...it's just cute.


Red shoes, navy dress, white blazer and lots of gold jewelry to top it off.


So, this week again I'm back to a 4 day week, since I used Thursday as my permitted volunteer day. At work we have a department called "The Foundation" which runs all volunteer coordination and encourages PwC employees to get out and active in the community helping charities that we are affiliated with.

As many of you know mental illness is an issue I'm passionate about, because of family members who battle with it, and the process of wellness and tearing down the stigma's associated with it. I was happy to volunteer my time with Toronto's Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in the Geriatric Program yesterday. We had a BBQ, made origami windmills and I played horseshoes. Needless to say these activities require comfortable wear, and something you don't mind getting a little dirty and sweaty (yesterday was a hot hot hot one!) Our t-shirts are provided by PwC so we can be identified by our volunteer team and the coordinators on site, jean shorts (a standard piece in any summer wardrobe) and basic black Toms. Nothing over the top, fit right in on Queen W, but I felt I was a respectable representation of PwC for the day.


And here we are, it's Friday. I ate fried chicken last night for dinner and immediately regretted it. Why do bad things seem like a good idea in the moment. I'm suffering from major bloat today and therefore chose comfort for....maybe the 4th Friday in a row it seems. And when I say comfort I mean....I look like a hobo. And if I was shopping on Queen St or patio lunching it'd be a different story. But here I am in the office, Chambray shirt with a tie front, built in bra work out tank under it, leggings and orange flip flops.
Of course I've accessorized but it does not nearly make up for what I'm lacking in appropriate office attire.
Thankfully it's nearing the end of summer and people are taking Friday's off. PHEWW 
No one here today gives a crap! 
And it's not that my outfit is bad, it's just not good at the office generally. 



XO

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment