Monday, November 4, 2013

Catching up to do!

Hello Dolls

It seems that I do have some catching up to do. Since I haven't posted for over a week. I'm not entirely sure how I let the month of October slip away from me but it clearly has. My last posts were around the time of my trip to Texas and that was about a month ago now.

So let's catch up, shall we!?

October was a month of super exciting events. I've provided my Texas deets so you know all about my trip. Which was fab and we are totally sold. In other exciting news one of my veryyyy best friends came home from Vancouver for a wedding and squeezed me in for a visit.

I love hosting and I love cooking and I love chatting and I love wine drinking. And I got to do it all! Thankfully for Zaki and his wheels, we were able to get SK up to Toronto for the afternoon/evening on the last Sunday of her time in Ontario. Over a few bottles of wine, stuffed shells (which were homemade by me, and delicious if I might say so) we chatted away for hours and hours. There is always so much to catch up on when a year goes by between visits. But it was great to have the four of us (including Sarah) together for the night. I love these kids so so much!

Once the week began (Oct 23) Bee and I were hard at work making our Halloween costumes. Oct 26 was the deadline and we still had accessories to buy and lots of sewing to do. Our inspiration was Jessica Simpson the year she revealed she was pregnant and went out for Halloween as a Mummy. "Yes, it's true I'm going to be a Mummy". So we purchased a solid white unitard (naturally!) and went from there. First trying lace, then brainstorming again, until we found the perfect material, a gauze with precariously placed sequins throughout. We cut it into strips and sewed and tied and created our costumes. Final touches before we left were crazy big hair, and white face paint. Not exactly as chic as JS but a close second. So finally the day arrived, the girls were here, and Halloween was a grand old time! Here's how my costume turned out-



And as the days get shorter, and the temperature drops. I've been holding off long enough it's finally and officially, undeniably tights weather. So for the month of October I have been wearing dresses with tights.

Another short week for me after Texas was Oct 17/18 and coming back to Canada was a serious change in temperature.

Short weeks make regular weeks seem extra long, so to keep things interesting....






So then it came down to the weekend of Halloween....

 
vs.
 
 
 
And the week that followed-






xo
 
L.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment