Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Coffee date pressure - that never happened...

Last week I was feeling even more determined to look cute all week because I had a tentative coffee date with one of the guys at work. The coffee date never played out, I saw him twice in the office, once he didn't see me, the other we walked right in to each other rounding a corner and said hi...and nothing.

Luckilyyyyy putting together my daily outfits is never a waste of time for me. It's not like I spent extra time getting ready, primping or picking clothes. So it's really no big deal.

I've had a theory for a long time now and it goes like this:
"The more you try, the harder you look doesn't make a difference. It's when you stop all that, is when it will happen."

You can't force something. What's meant to be will be. So despite of my very good advice *LOL* I went ahead and switched from leggings back to dresses last week. And for the record I'm back to leggings this week again.

Here's how things looked last week.




 
I did go to work on Wed...just can't recall what I wore! hahaha So it's been skipped.
Last week was a tricky week. Trying to look cute, feeling kind of crummy because of personal things. And not to mention I was a food monster all week because it was "that time" for me. So eating everything in sight seemed like a good option, but in truth never actually is.
 
So adios to another week. And I welcomed a low key weekend. I public transited myself around the neighbourhood to do some errands and groceries. Cooked my life away on Saturday and made some delicious corn and crab chowder, and asparagus - Parmesan quinoa risotto.
DEEELISH
The weekends always pass too fast. Not really sure which smart guy came up with the work 5 off for 2 deal, but I propose a change! Work 4 off 3 would even be a better balance...the fact of the matter is 2 days is not enough!
 
xo
 
L.

No comments:

Post a Comment