Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weeks of Insanity

I've never been much of a saver. I have never been in denial about that, mostly because its blatantly obvious and denial would just be foolish. I've always wondered why money couldn't justs grow on trees. It'd make things easier for MANY of us!

Come to think of it I have always found it harder in the summer months to get on a savings plan. Everyone wants to be out, doing things spending money, having drinks, having dinner, shopping and taking road trips and if I'm available I'M IN!
Without a rest I have been having a blast since the long-weekend in July! Weeks of insanity, and money spending of course.

So I decided forget the summer, I will start my personal savings plan in the Fall, when things slow down...yeah right I want to say "who was I kidding" but I really did fool myself!

And the weeks of insanity press on...looks like I will have some downtime in the New Year....can my savings plan wait that long? NOOOOOOOOOOOO it surely cannot!

What is a reasonable amount of money to put away each week or month so that I don't dip into the savings. It all sounds great if I can save $500/pay cheque, but if I'm dipping in for extra cash that its not really savings now is it????
I'm curious to know the types of budgets and plans that other people in my life have in effect. But ya know what the funny thing is...talking about money, incomes and savings plans seems to be a bit "taboo" which I think is OUTRAGEOUS!

HELP A SISTER OUT!

But working through a plan and making it on my own has got me here to where I am today. Just another trial and error as part of the grand course my life has taken. What I can't figure out today, will come to me tomorrow.

One day....I will be a saver, with a savings account that is worth more than $1.34

No comments:

Post a Comment