Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Autobiographies

Writing my Autobiography---I never realized how much of a struggle this would be until I started. As a requirement for my school application I must write a 3 page autobiography. Which to me sounded like a walk in the park. Who knows me better than me? No body...

Now that I'm attempting this I'm realizing that it's extremely difficult to make sense of 26 years in 3 pages. It's also extremely difficult to figure out what is actually important enough to go in to an autobiography. I clearly cannot include everything given my page limitations.

After dissecting myself it's kind of bizarre to think of all the things that actually shape the person you are at this moment in time. Had you done one thing differently, you would most likely be on an entirely different path in life and could potentially be an entirely different person.

I'm the oldest of two girls. Who would I be if I had a brother, or was the youngest? I grew up in a small town. What would I be like if I had known big city life from birth? Would I have made the same post-secondary school choices? The thoughts are endless and fascinating to me.

But here I am- stumped at the task of choosing the most important parts of these 26 years, yet another decision that could determine so much. Will I or won't I get accepted in to this program? 

Any thoughts and/or suggestions would be helpful. Anyone written an autobiography recently that has some pointers?

xo

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment