Thursday, March 21, 2013

March 21, 2013- Today's outfit

Hellooo and Good Morning,

First and foremost I'd like to send a little "Happy Birthday" wish to one of my dearest friends Miss Mia Bettio. We have known each other for four years now and she has been one of the very best additions to my life. As an adult it has really come to matter who I surround myself with. I'm uninterested in relationships with people that I see no longevity. With Mia, I know full heartedly that we will be raising our kids together, telling husband stories, and talking on the phone well into the years we're old and grey. I look forward to the years to come with her, I appreciate the years that have past and time we've spent laughing, dancing, soul searching and boy chatting. Again Happy Birthday to one of the loveliest people I have ever met. xo

On another note I'd like to share my outfit with you if I may...

Along the same lines of Spring and bold colors, I chose a simple outfit with a pop of color and patterned tights to "wow" things up a little tiny bit as I eaaaase into this new season with joy.

Rasberry is the color of choice today. I like a cap sleeve dress because it shows of toned arms and if you're broad in the upper body/shoulder area like I am it allows you to move your arms more freely and easily than a longer sleeve. For those ladies who are a little bustier you'll find a scoop neck provides full coverage without covering your collar bone and leaves a little room for a necklace to be exposed. Find a cut and length that works for you. This will be dependent on your figure (shape/size) and of course your height.

With such a feminine color and dress cut I prefer a more tailored blazer style. Something that defines your waist, and nothing too long. In the photo below the blazer has long sleeves which is nice if you're prone to getting cold at the office. I prefer a 3/4 sleeve length for comfort.

I chose a patterned tight today. This draws attention to my legs, which is never a bad thing ladies, but also adds another "wow" factor to the outfit. My tights have a chevron pattern from top to bottom which also creates a lengthening effect for those of you with shorter legs, try tights with patterns in vertical striping, or any pattern with a downward effect to elongate your legs.

My shoes are from Aldo (Flicker- as seen in the photo below). Again a simple pointed toe, black patent pump goes with everything. I wear them most days. They are a 2.5 inch heel that allows me to easily walk around the office from 9-5.



Have a lovely day Beauties!

xo

L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment